Only in exceptional circumstances is it OK to not do your homework!
'I don't have time' - See the timetable below, the homework timetable is organised to give you plenty of time
Stuck with your homework?
- Speak to your class teacher
- Speak to Mr Farmer
- As a school we have access to the Discovery online Learning platform that we also use within school. There are activities and resources to support learning for all ages. To access this wonderful resource please click the link below.
Username - student4890 Password - royal4
15 Reasons to Do Your Homework
- It improves your thinking and memory
- It helps develop positive study skills and habits that will serve you well throughout life
- Homework encourages you to use time wisely
- It teaches you to work independently
- Homework teaches you to take responsibility for his or her work
- It allows you to review and practice what has been covered in class- Practice makes perfect!
- It enables you to get better at things like spelling and handwriting.
- It helps you to get ready for the next day’s class
- Homework helps you to learn to use resources, such as libraries, reference materials, and computer websites to find information
- It encourages you to explore subjects more fully than classroom time permits
- It allows you to extend learning by applying skills to new situations
- It helps you to integrate learning by applying many different skills to a single task, such as book reports or science projects
- Homework helps your parents to learn more about what you are learning in school
- It enables your parents to talk to you about what you are learning in school
- It encourages you and your parents to get enthusiastic