Our School Christian Values
- The vision and drive of the headteacher, supported by staff and governors promotes an inclusive Christian ethos and a nurturing school environment.
- The clear vision of ‘Faith, Family and Future’ drives the school forward and enhances the Christian character of the school.
- The caring family feel to the school leads to supportive relationships between all members of the school community, good behaviour and strong teamwork.
- Religious education is given a high priority and makes a positive contribution to the Christian character of the school and to pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Collective worship includes teaching about Jesus Christ and pupils show an impressive understanding of his important place in worship.- SIAMS 2017
Being a Church School is something we value greatly at St Mary's
The link we have with our local church and the community is a very important part of what makes our school such a special place. The local clergy and other members of our local community play an important role within our school and in providing our children with opportunities to try new experiences.
Here you can discover who our local clergy team are and how to contact them. You can find out about the types and times of services offered at St Mary's and other local churches. You can also find links to other important local community websites.
(If you know of a local community group or organisation that would like to be linked with our website please contact the school office)
The importance of our local community link and our christain values have been recognised by both Ofsted and SIAMs